
Jason Lewis is returning to the public eye.
After stepping away from the spotlight three years ago, the 54-year-old actor, best known for playing Samantha Jones’ loyal boyfriend Smith Jerrod on Sex and the City, returned to Instagram on Wednesday (May 30) to share a cryptic message about why he “went quiet.”
As he walked along a beach, Jason talked directly to camera where he explained that his absence was tied to a project that required his full attention.
“I went quiet. Not because I have nothing to say, but because I had something to do,” Jason said in the video. “The kind of creative work that doesn’t leave room for much else, and I made my peace with that.”
“It’s the kind of work that needs to find its people, though,” he continued. “I’m still in it, but I am far enough along now that it felt like it was time to resurface and share what I’ve been doing. More to come.”
In the caption of the post, Jason wrote, “After three years, it was time.”
According to his IMDb, Jason has one upcoming project, titled Restaveks, from director Ramses Jimenez that’s currently listed as in “post-production,” but no other details have been married public yet. It’s unclear if Restaveks is the project he referred to in the new video.
Jason‘s last acting credit was in the 2020 movie Palm Swings.
Find out what Jason previously said about not returning for the Sex and the City reboot series And Just Like That.
Posted To:Jason Lewis
Leave a Reply